Thursday, March 19, 2009

I just HURT the FOCI big frown

Well, on the way into my neighborhood tonight on the way home from work I did a 1st gear pull. After boost I noticed something not right ..

Think I blew a vacuum line or something, but cant find it. Idles like crap, lean as hell, and only 4 lbs of vacuum on the meter.
Called Billy, he is busy and told me to take it else where....SO, I called Torey at Excessive and they are going to take a look at it and say they can get me ready for VIR.

I sure hope so, and good thing I am picking up my trailer tomorrow. I will drag it to them on Sat morn if not Friday night...

Wish me the best, I don't want to miss this weekend.


Ken

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be OK, Ken. You're seeing the effects of having a highly tweaked track car as a daily driver. Now that spring's here, you need to tool around in the Cobra or Lightning more, and save the UberFocus for the track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are right Greg, and hopefully the good folks at Excessive will fix me right up.

    It feels like the intake manifold came loose or cracked or somthing, I just can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it turns out to be something simple Ken, although its better to figure it out now than at the track.

    I think once a car gets use to the track that is the only place it really wants to be run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call, turns out to be a simple fix. Cracked plastic parts on the intake, they have it fixed.


    AND, you are right, note to self, pound on car 2 weeks prior to an event and find the weak links. Glad I did it now and not Saturday morning.

    Picked up new car trailer today, yee haaaawwww

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pics of the trailer? Are you gonna tow it with the Lightning?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I have pics, will get up soon.


    And yes, towing with the L.

    tis a breeze, and fun too!

    ReplyDelete